ASPIRE 360 is already oversubscribed and as such we will be running a selection process to choose the best young people to sail on this life changing voyage. We have partnered with the Mount Batten Watersports and Activity Centre to help us with this difficult task. The centre has a long history of providing quality outdoor courses and experiences and their staff will be invaluable. Please do visit their website for more information on the courses and experiences they provide.
The process to secure a place aboard is:
- Applications are now closed.
- Once you submit the application form, your Head of Year will be emailed a link to a reference request
- 1st Shortlisting – We will then shortlist applicants down to 20 based on their application form and reference, if selected you will be asked for a deposit of £250
- If successful you will be invited to attend the Mount Batten Centre on Fri 17th Feb 2017. The day will test your resilience, communication & teamwork skills
- 2nd Shortlisting – We will shortlist applicants down to 14 based on their participation at the activity day
- If successful you will be invited to attend a formal interview aboard Helen Mary R on either the 4th or 5th March 2017
- Final Shortlisting – We will shortlist applicants down to the final 8 based on the final interview, we will also nominate 2 reserves
- Final 8 (and 2 reserves) selected and notified by 10th March 2017. The final payment of £997 payable by 17th March 2017
- If you are selected – ASPIRE360 will depart on 2nd April 2017 and you will need to be aboard on 1st April 2017.